Oversubscription Policies

Tie Break

Where the offer of places to all applicants in any of the sub categories listed in the Criteria Checklist would still lead to oversubscription, the places up to the admission number are offered to those living nearest to our school.

Fair Access

We are committed to taking our fair share of vulnerable/and hard to place children. Beyond the normal admissions round, the Governing Body can give priority to a child where admission is requested and agreed by both the Governing Body and the Diocese for the school year.

In-Year Admissions

For In-Year admissions you can apply directly at school. If a place is available and there is no waiting list, your child will be admitted. If there are no spaces, applications can be ranked by the Governing Body in accordance to the oversubscription criteria – with the following modifications:

  • Catholic children without an offer of a school place elsewhere are given priority immediately after Catholic 'looked-after' children.
  • Other children without an offer of a school place are given priority immediately after other 'looked-after' children.
  • If a place cannot be offered at this time then you can ask for the reasons why and appeal.

Right of Appeal

If you are unsuccessful, you can ask for the reasons why and you are allowed the right to appeal to an independent panel

Waiting List

On appeal you will be offered a position on the waiting list, which is maintained by the Governing Body in the order of the oversubscription criteria. Names are removed from the list at the end of each academic year. When a place becomes available the Governing Body decides who is at the top of the list then they can make you can offer.

Reception Year Deferred Entry

You can defer entry to the school up until statutory age for example, the first day of term following the child’s fifth birthday. Applications are made in the same way then the deferral is requested. You can also ask that your child attend part-time until statutory school age is reached. However if your child has a birthday in the summer term, if you want to defer, you need to apply for a Year 1 place for the following September and if we are oversubscribed, you are unlikely to obtain a place.

Special Educational Needs

For pupils with a statement of Special Educational Needs you need to contact your local authority SEN office and follow a separate procedure set out in the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.

Change of Details

If any details on either of your forms, changes between the date of application and the receipt of the letter of offer or refusal, you must inform us and the local authority immediately.

The Governing Body reserves the right to withdraw the place, even if the child has already started if there is any misleading information on either of your forms.